Saturday, March 8, 2008

We're Open!

And it actually went great. We had an abysmal rehearsal on Thursday and then we came early on Friday and fixed things and last night went very smoothly. I remembered the words to "Ne Me Quitte Pas," which I had been trouble doing...my three audience members enjoyed it and said it went well. We felt good about it. Some minor kinks to work out, but a very good opening night.

Now that the show is open, I have to make up for the 15 weekdays of not working in order to go to rehearsal, so I'm working for the next 16 days straight...but it's good. I need the money. I'm hoping to use the time to write agent letters and such. Hopefully my temp job will be like the others and not require much of my attention.

I got my headshots printed and I'm really not impressed with the quality of the prints. They are on crappy paper and look like I could have done them on a personal ink-jet printer. I feel like I can't take them back, though, because I saw a proof...Live and learn. I guess this is why the place was cheap. Sometimes you can't go for the cheapest option. Headshots appears to be one of those times.

It feels so good to perform...it's been a long time. Especially since I was in something I cared about.

No comments:

Post a Comment