Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cast without auditioning round two

So it happened again - hopefully this time it will pan out. While on lunch today I got a call for a short film about a baby shower that I had submitted for on LA Casting. She wants me with no audition! Woohoo! I have very little information about it. But she wants me!

Last night I had an audition for a different short film, one about the end of the world or something with a very cheesy script that I entertained Xan with on our drive over. When I got into the room, they had me slate (state your name and contact info) and then show my profile from both sides. Then they had the Already Cast Star Who Wasn't A Star come stand next to me so they could see us together, and then face each other and hold hands, to show our chemistry. It was pretty ridiculous. As soon as this guy stood up I new I probably wasn't what they had in mind - I was 2 inches taller and 15 years younger. Oh well.

The best/worst part is that this casting director has a "service" where he sends you a link to your audition video - yeah. I've never seen my audition video before. It was very scary. It's pretty bad, but worse than that is the still that shows up with my name underneath it - it's HEINOUS. A truly unfortunate screen shot. I think I'll try to grab it to illustrate:


Oh God. It worked. I'm sorry! But it does make me laugh. It's. So. Bad. It's a good thing I think I'm a lot more attractive than I apparently am.

2 comments: