Friday, February 29, 2008

A week from opening...

and we haven't finished blocking the show. I really am back in theatre!!!

Rehearsal today was pretty good...we finally got to my monologue, which I appreciated. I have to sing "Ne Me Quitte Pas" and am struggling some with the French, since I don't speak it. I also learned that I sing a verse in English as well, so I've got to find that. I need some time this weekend to work on it, but I'll have to make it, since I'll be working (finally - March is going to be fiscally ugly). But. It's necessary, as I don't want to make an ass of myself during the performances. Most of the rehearsals we haven't had the full cast there, which is frustrating, and people are often pretty late, but I think we'll pull through. I'm trying to just worry about myself and make sure I know my stuff.

We auditioned for "Bus Stop" the other night, and I felt good about it. But then they posted again online and had another round of auditions, which had not previously been scheduled. Hopefully that doesn't mean that we sucked. Fingers crossed - there were perfect parts in the show for both me and Xan. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment