Thursday, February 7, 2008

Feeling Rather Blah

Lame title, sorry. I'm feeling rather lackluster.

Yesterday Xan and I were 2 of 400 extras on a Verizon commercial. The highlight of the day was getting to see my other boyfriend, the Verizon Guy. He looked at me. I wanted to tell him that I thought they should cast me as the Verizon Girlfriend and have a commercial about the Verizon Guy and the Verizon Girlfriend. Sadly, the opportunity never arose for us to chat. Oh well.

This extra experience was not a particularly fun one. We were being used all day, which is usually nice, but we were standing the whole time and it was cold. The worst part by far was when the 350 of us who were wearing Verizon shirts had to check out with wardrobe, who had taken our driver's licenses (!) in exchange for the shirts, and they had no system to deal with the line of people. Then, the casting agency had no system to deal with handing out 400 people's vouchers, so they were just calling numbers out at random. It sucked. A lot. And then some guy practically ran me over in the crowd trying to get his voucher.

I hate that this has become a list of complaints, whining, and woe is me's. I should get cast in something so I can write something positive.

I had another audition for a student film today. I was supposed to be "punk." I wore my red studded belt and black eyeliner. Now that's character work.

1 comment: