Monday, February 25, 2008

I Want a World with No Takebacks

Thursday morning I got a call from someone who wanted to cast me in a student film without me auditioning. "Yeah! I go to Bethel (which is in Minneapolis) and saw that you went to Macalester and I'd love to work with you. We shoot Saturday." Flippin' sweet. I got cast without auditioning. That rocks.

And then she left me a message while I was at work Thursday night, and she took it back. She un-cast me. "Hi, I talked to you earlier, I decided to go with someone else, it had nothing to do with you. Sorry." WTF???

Who casts someone without auditioning them and then uncasts them before they even see how good they are? Probably not someone I want to work with, that's who. Sigh. But I'm still miffed. And I still need to do some film stuff.

We start rehearsals again today - we haven't rehearsed since last Tuesday because the director is opening another show. I'm a little nervous. I'm not exactly sure why.

Friday I went to an audition for a poker commercial. When I submitted, it said "must have experience playing Texas Hold'em" and I decided that if I got called in, I'd learn how to play. Well, I did. So I learned, and in the audition, I won against the three people I was playing. It was pretty funny. I had to lie about my Texas Hold'em experience. He asked what kind of player I was, and I said I had a problem being too aggressive of a player. "But sometimes it pays off! (Insert phony laugh here.)" Haven't heard anything. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment