Thursday, February 12, 2009

My first 12 of 12!

So the "12 of 12" is a cool thing started by a guy named Chad Darnell that I heard about through Bonnie Gillespie...thought I'd try my hand. The idea is you take 12 pictures on the 12th of each month and post them...you know, for fun.


1 of 12 - 8:06 am: Commutage clusterfuckage. See the green light? And the truck blocking everything? Yep. That was within the first four blocks of our drive. But all was made good by boyfriend, coffee and the Dr. Horrible soundtrack. (Don't worry, I wasn't driving and taking pictures at the same time.)


2 of 12 - 8:40 am: Cubicle time. I was a little late today...only 8 hours and 50 minutes to go...sigh.


3 of 12 - 10:54 am: Looking at the headshots from my shoot with a friend last weekend...I hate the looking at a million variations of my face part.


4 of 12 - 11:08 am: Snack and Bonk. Love the book, but given the context, the snack is pretty amusing.


5 of 12 - 12:50 pm: Lunch. Veggie chili from Fresh & Easy with Ak-Mok crackers. Crackers not pictured. I'm sorry.


6 of 12 - 1:15 pm: Freedom! Sunshine! Artsy-ness!


7 of 12 - 1:47 pm: Call me immature, but this definitely made me look twice and then laugh. Hard.


8 of 12 - 3:15 pm: Walk to visit Marilyn. She resides in the cemetery behind my office building.


9 of 12 - 4:57 pm: Self portrait and view from the window that I don't sit anywhere near.


10 of 12 - 8:15ish pm: Myself and some other lovely folks in Bonnie's business of the business class - I'm stealing one of her 12 of 12 pics! Has a 12 of 12 crosspost ever been done before!? I'm an innovator! (Or thief!)


11 of 12 - 11:40 pm: I came home to find a wonderful Valentine's Day package from my momma - replete with cookies, a card, and a AAA Bail Bond Certificate. Seriously. My mom has a more exciting idea of my life than is realistic.


12 of 12 - 12:10 am: Bedtime with my two boys. Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I had just noticed your pics in the Twitter feed. Yay! Another 12 of 12er! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican coke rocks! Dunno what it's like in Cali, but in Texas you can get whole flats of Mexican Coke at Costco for less than a dollar a bottle.

    I did have an interesting discussion once with someone who asked, "What makes it Mexican?"
    "It's from Mexico. They still use cane sugar instead of corn syrup down there."
    "Oh, I thought they put cumin in it or something to make it taste Mexican."
    EW!

    And now that I've completely terrified you and presented myself as a lunatic ... nice 12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great day. Next time you visit Marilyn, please tell her hello for me.

    Thanks for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to 12 of 12! Hope you enjoyed it and do it again :-) Like the "guys" photo at the end :-)

    Sorry I'm late with commenting - I got distracted with something and then thought I'd finished commenting, before wondering if I had... [doh]

    Helen (Dogeared)

    ReplyDelete