Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 4 of unnaturalness

I've refrained from blogging about the master cleanse/diet because I didn't want this to be a blog about the master cleanse/diet. Let's just say that my body has...er...produced things I didn't know were possible, I miss eating food, and I'm super excited about drinking fresh orange juice tomorrow morning to start the tapering off phase. Extenuating circumstances necessitate me eating on Sunday (those extenuating circumstances may or may not be the Oscars and the party we are hosting), so I'm starting to come off tomorrow. I set out to do five days, and I have done that. Not to say that I was steadfast - I almost broke Tuesday night, but was safe thanks to Xan asking "Do you really want to do that?" when I called him and asked if he wanted to go to Souplantation for dinner. (Have you been there? It's amazing. Soup and salad bar with awesome vegetarian soups and fresh bread and foccacia and desserts and A SOFT-SERVE MACHINE. Call me Southern, but I sure do love a good buffet. Especially when it has A SOFT-SERVE MACHINE.)

So that's the what about this thing that I'm doing. Oh...this is an acting blog you say? I'm supposed to be talking about that? Oh yeah. Well -

Last night I did another casting director workshop with a CD who saw me in the Cricket Feet Showcase. I really can't say if it went well or not, because I was so frustrated by other factors (the guy who runs these particular workshops is a buffoon, we started reeeeally late, and there was an odd number of folks so I didn't have a scene partner) that by the end of the night I really just wanted to be done and get home. But I liked her, she had good things to say, and I think I did alright. Nothing to write home about. But I really do need to figure out how to put aside frustrations and aggravations and distractions and still do my best every time. Until I learn how to do that, I'm just adding yet another obstacle for me to hurdle.

And, finally, I just wanted to share that I've really had New Orleans on my mind lately. This is the first year in two years that Xan and I aren't scheduled to go (yet! staying positive!), and it's where we got together, and I love it...if anyone wants to have a ridiculously good time, they should go to the French Quarter Festival April 17-19 and take us with you. We dance on command. What's more fun than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment