Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Industrial shoot! Agent meeting!

It's fun to have things to talk about. :)

The industrial shoot was very fun. Three person crew, all were pleasant and personable. We were joking a lot, which was imperative since my co-star was my diaphram. Also our cat, Luna, jumped in and worked for some of the shots. During the others I relegated him to his trailer (our bathroom). I just did what I was told and changed clothes a lot. Super easy money. The shoot ended with me and Xan kissing, which was a first. (I mean to film it. Not to kiss. We have done that a few times.) Aside from me being awkward when they were leaving and not riding down in the elevator with them, it was a success.

My agent meeting this morning went well...I think. I was in there for all of 13 minutes, but I think we hit it off. The first part was pleasant small talk, then he asked if I had been going out a lot lately. I told him I shot something yesterday and talked about that casting person and knowing Bonnie from the showcase. He asked if I had met with any other agents lately, and I said "No, not lately..." (Which is not a lie!) And then that was it! It ended so abruptly that I was totally taken by surprise and I didn't get a chance to tell him who knew my work, that I am one voucher away from SAG eligible, who I'm meeting in the next few weeks... He said he would look at the rest of my pics on actors access and then give me a call tomorrow to "get me set up." I'm being cautiously optimistic that that means I'm in, I'm just not sure in what capacity. The only thing that made me doubt it being a good meeting was its shortness. Brevity is the soul of...a good agent meeting? Hopefully. I'll let you know.

Regardless, I felt immense joy driving down Sepulveda with the windows rolled down singing Dixie Chicks at the top of my lungs on another beautiful and ridiculously warm day in Los Angeles.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    Bob Fraser here, with thanks for posting a link to my blog - The Show Biz Blog - I appreciate it. Have a splendid week and, as always ... Much Success, Bob

    ReplyDelete