Thursday, January 31, 2008

January's End

I feel pretty good about January. Got headshots, got some callbacks. In February, I am going to get said headshots printed and sent out to some agents. I am going to get more callbacks. And I am going to get cast.

Today, in honor of it being the last day of the month, I went on an audition. It was for a student film scene of "Sense and Sensibility." Would be a fun project. I got two more auditions for student films on Saturday - I'm going to try to do both. Putting myself out there. Let's go, February. Bring it on.

On Tuesday, Xan and I were extras together for the first time. It was actually pretty delightful. It was for a small industrial for Spanish speakers learning English. We were picnic goers and sat on a blanket. They said we were brilliant. It was nice because it was a small production, everyone was friendly, it was a beautiful day, we were outside, and we were together. We even had a close up.

And just when I had decided that I wanted to leave the line of extra work, one of the lead actors on that set talked to us and made me think again... She was very nice and very complimentary of us when she didn't have to be. She asked what we were working on and we got to talking about extra work, and I mentioned how I didn't really like it, and she said "Well, you two are both so clearly leads." That felt nice to hear. No wonder I hate extra work! I'm clearly a lead!!!

Tomorrow it's back to Trader Joe's... Perhaps February will be the month of quitting. We get reviewed this weekend, and if I don't get at least a 50 cent raise, I'm out of there! Of the jobs I have and hate, though, Trader Joe's is the one that is least conducive to my acting career. Unfortunately, it's also the most regular and schedulable of all my jobs. Catch 22. Le sigh.

I got pretty overwhelmed at Samuel French today...when I had money to spend on plays, I loved going in there. Now I start feeling down on myself and depressed that I don't know the new plays anymore and I don't have the money to buy things. But we did get a book of agents with a list of what they're looking for. So here goes that. I miss my theatre books.

Goodbye, January. Good night, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment