Sunday, January 20, 2008

I got nothin.

I got two callbacks. I'm trying to see that as getting something. But, apparently, I did not get cast in the Shakespeare show, either.

I'm struggling with that, because I felt really good about my audition when I left the callback. I did well with the language, I changed up my character, I had fun. And I was really excited about it. And it was paying. And I really want to get cast in something. I mean, I would have cast me. Obviously.

I was talking to my boyfriend's sister about it, and she was saying that she had read something that said if you can find a way to say "so what" it really can help you move past the dissappointment. So I'm gonna try it. So what. F 'em.

That sort of works. I feel a little lift, especially with my personal addition to the "So what."

I feel the need to shout my input from the bottom of the pyramid - scratch that, in this metaphor, I'm more appropriately in the tomb, under the pyramid, buried as one of the servants to the pharoah who was killed upon his death - anyway, from wherever I reside down below, I call up, "Please! Studios! Negotiate with the writers, for the love of Ra!" (Going with the metaphor...I'm a dork.) It's amazing how even little ol' me is affected by this writer's strike and the accompanying lack of work. How can my pilot happen without my writers??? It can't!

Time for a Trader Ho's update - working 7am-3pm for the third day in a row tomorrow. I've found a new customer behavior pet peeve - thrusting a cell phone at me and telling me to listen to whoever is on the other end of it, requesting a product. I ain't your secretary. Not cool. The least you could do is ask if I want your ear germs pressed to my face while I converse with a completer and utterer stranger than you about a food item that I care nothing about. So yeah. Don't do that.

Here I go, my rallying cry for things to come my way - Auditions! Callbacks! Speaking roles! Positivity! Money! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment