Friday, January 18, 2008

Because I Am. Living the Dream.

Since I have the much coveted profession* of being an actor in Los Angeles, CA, the center of the known universe, I feel it's high time I started chronicling my experiences. May this blog heretofore serve as inspiration to any and all aspiring actors, hopeful LA transplants, future Temping Superstars, or career-driven Trader Joe's employees. Because I am all of those things. I can set an example for all.

*I have yet to land a 'professional' acting gig in LA, since I refuse to count being an extra. But you, dear reader, (aka Dad, since you're probably the only one who will read this) will be the first to know when I do.

What I've Recently Been Up To:
Got some headshots taken. I like them. Molly Hawkey is brilliant.

I got not one, but TWO callbacks!The first was for Noises Off and did not go well. As the (somewhat senile - really, I'm not just bitter) director put it, he hoped that next time we could "connect." Me too.

The second was for Shakespeare Live! (I've always wanted to be in a show with an exclamation point in the title.) I left feeling good about it, but I haven't heard anything. The callback was Wednesday night, but I'm not despairing yet.

So there you go. My first post. Promise I will dispel the annoying use of lofty language. But the hyperbole is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment