Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back on stage!

I'm performing the role of Lavinia in Titus Andronicus at Theatre of NOTE tonight and tomorrow night, and I'm excited!

I also have a revitalized passion for live performance, and a refreshed respect for live actors. Because when you've been in the film/tv world of "That wasn't my best, can we do that again?," you get sorta used to it and it gets sorta comfy. And then you go back to stage and you want to say "That wasn't my best, can we..."

Granted, I'm an understudy, so I've been watching instead of doing for the most part. The awesome cast came in on one of their nights off and rehearsed with us, so I feel great about tonight, but it is certainly a different animal. I love that live performance different animal. I never want so much time to elapse between the times I'm onstage, unless it is by choice.

There's my "live actors rock" soapbox. Come on down to Hollywood if you want to see the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment