Monday, February 1, 2010

The Unveiling

That is quite a presumptive title.

I've been absent of late from the blogosphere. Partially because I've been busy with my survival job, which is not so great, and partially because I've been busy with my real life and acting, which is great, but also because I've been struggling with how transparent I wanted to be and whether I wanted to come out as myself.

I'm coming out. I'm me, and I'm linking myself to myself. I had this idea that I wanted to be honest about things so surely I shouldn't attribute that to Lauren Dobbins Webb (gasp! I'm out!) the actor in LA. But I was wrong.

I've learned so much since my first post here two years ago. One of those things is that honesty is best, and I'm going to get cast for being me, not for being someone lame with no personality who hides their real feelings behind a blogosphere pseudonym.

I also thought about going back through my old posts and taking away some of the fainter-of-heart ones, but in the spirit of the new honest and open Lauren Dobbins Webb the actor in LA who talks about it, I didn't. So don't judge. The learning curve is steep. Lesson #347.

So, now that that's off my chest, here is what I've been up to:

* Shot a commercial for Vehix, currently airing on Comcast:

* I'm understudying Lavinia and Chiron in Titus Andronicus at Theatre of NOTE in Hollywood, opening this weekend.

* I just got cast in a short that will be shooting in Prescott, AZ. More on that when I know more.

* This is from way back in the fall, but was super awesome: I got flown to Argentina to shoot the footage for Big Fish Games' Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove. Here's the sizzle reel:

Other than that, I'm auditioning, looking forward to what is next, and enjoying the palpable excitement of pilot season. Haven't been sent out for it yet, but excited about it nonetheless. The LA air is electric with excited and anxious actors.

I apologize for not being open and completely honest before, but that's over now. I'm an open book. Please don't call me. Unless you work in casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment