Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vacated and Back

New Orleans was great. We had a fantastic time, heard great music, and I got to reconnect with an old friend, which totally made the trip. I would not want to live there, but I do love that city. Also, parades make me cry. Not sure of the reason for that, but when all of the bands were coming by, I was fighting back tears.

Last night I helped audition for the student film scene I'm doing, which is indeed happening. We're doing a scene from "Female Trouble," a 1974 John Waters movie. I'm the lead who, in the movie, is a man in drag. It's a blast. I get to be campy and huge and not worry about it.

The director asked me if I knew any male actors, so...Xan and I have our first project together. There you go. The guy is really nice, and I think it will be fun. I'm just glad to be in something. My first real reel material. Ha.

It was hard to return to Los Angeles...as soon as we got on the plane, the atmosphere was different. Everyone seemed a little more selfish and self-absorbed. I've got to figure out how not to let this place make me crazy. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment