Monday, January 11, 2010

Leeky Scallops with Squash "Pasta"

I really like to cook, and I like to take photographs. Yesterday I was inspired to combine the two likes and post my cooking adventures, when I remember.

Last night we made Leeky Scallops with Squash "Pasta." The scallops were an adaptation of Rachel Ray's Leeky Linguine with Shrimp, which is delicious when made according to the recipe, but we had scallops on hand and are trying to slim down, so we substituted the pasta with Zucchini "Pasta." We eat zucchini like this at least once a week in our house. It's delicious and versatile. I like it alone with salt, pepper, and parmesan, or with pasta sauce.

Anyway. Here are the scallops in process:



And here is the finished product, the scallops and sauce stirred together with the squash and topped with parsley and parmesan:



The scallops were a touch overcooked for my taste, but overall it was pretty delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment