Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sketch-y

I've broken the seal. I have officially written two sketches in my life.

Before I started I was psyching myself out and considering not doing the show because I wasn't sure I would be able to write anything at all, funny or otherwise...but once I buckled down and just started typing, it got a lot easier. My first result wasn't fantastic by any means, but I think it's workable.

Last night our group met for the second time, and it was really fun. We went around and read what we had and started throwing out ideas. I think we're all good people, so that's nice. We were laughing a lot and building off of each other's ideas and it felt very collaborative. I feel like a kid in a candy shop, excited and naive and deserving of comments like "Yep, that's what collaborating is..." We decided on a name for our show - "P.S. You're a Mess."

So I'm doing a sketch show, I'm in a staged reading, I'm going to start Level 2 of my improv classes, and I'm going to audition to do the showcase again. I feel good and active. It makes me feel like I'm actually pursuing what I came for and not just sitting in an office all day. Even though I am sitting in an office all day. I do have to pay for 3 out of the 4 things listed above, but....I'm doing stuff. Hard on the pocketbook, good for the soul.

Speaking of which, please excuse the ads I've added to the blog...desperate times call for enterprising measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment