Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cast! and Cast! and Maybe?

Sunday I auditioned for a series of staged readings with the LA Women's Project. The audition was actually really fun - I did my Dessa monologue and they had me repeat it twice, once in a New York accent and then once as a jilted lover. Then I got to read a really fun scene and after that they asked to see my chicken impression (it's on my resume.) I was the last person they saw and I left feeling great. It was fun.

I was starting to get anxious, but I got a call last night, and I'll be reading several parts in "Jersey City." I guess my New York accent wasn't that bad. I'm excited. This seems like a good group to get connected with.

I also heard last week that I got into the Strait Jacket Society, which is a sketch comedy group that was founded by some folks I met doing the showcase. I'm excited, but I'm nervous because we have to write our own material...and I haven't done that before. I guess I'll change that to yet. I haven't done that yet. Yikes. It's also pay-to-play, which hurts...but I'm hoping it's a worthwhile investment.

And then I come to the maybe. This morning I had the following email from the callback I went to last week:

Hi Lauren~
Hope you're doing great! I am down to 2 actresses for Lettie, and you are one of them! Please confirm back to me that you are still in fact available labor day weekend for shooting and a weekday before that for rehearsal (part of day), also, would it be possible to meet with you one last time on the 20th? Let me know.


I mean, great? I don't know. I thought that was sort of weird. After the callback, shouldn't they just choose? They have it on tape! Ah, the concessions we make for reel building.

No comments:

Post a Comment